Disability Community Leaders HonoredJuly 29, 2010 | Resources
The Arizona Disability Advocacy Coalition (AzDAC) recently announced the recipients of their 2010 Americans with Disabilities Act Awards. This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Those honored included:
- Arizona Humane Society and the Cottonwood Safeway (Justice and Equality Employment Liberty Award)
- The Town of Chino Valley and the City of Scottsdale (Justice and Equality Public Entities-State and Local Government- Liberty Award)
- AJ’s Fine Foods of Mesa (Private Entities/Public Accommodations Liberty Award)
- Pam Allen (Community Advocate Liberty Award); Sen. Meg Burton Cahill of District 17 (Public Policy Maker Liberty Award)
- Robert Lynch and Sun Sounds of Arizona (ADA Justice and Equality Pioneer Liberty Award).
- Also awarded were Tucson resident Peri Judge Radecic of the Arizona Center for Disability Law and Tempe resident David Carey from the Arizona Bridge to Independent Living for their successful efforts to gain passage of SB 1232 to update Arizona’s ADA protections.
Further information is available at www.azdac.org